f4ba68c1cbedb0122ea82653afbd56f3b53077b88b4c4a5f31 Uncomplicated Healthy Living: Garlic and Herb Marinade/Sauce http://www.freesearchenginesubmission.infoher-libido.com

Monday, August 3, 2015

Garlic and Herb Marinade/Sauce

Everyone's herb garden is going strong at this time of year.  You can dry your herbs for later use.  You can also take advantage of their vitamin K right now. Herbs can also have medicinal benefits. In the photo below I marinated chicken strips, skewered the strips and grilled them. I kept part of the marinade separate to use as a sauce after the chicken was cooked.  The bright green color might put some people off.   Also, the taste of raw garlic is not a favorite of some.  Personally, I like garlic in all forms and as long as I know the reason for the color, I don't care what the color is.  I just like good food that I know is good for me!


Garlic and Herb Marinade/Sauce

4 cloves of garlic, peeled
1 cup packed fresh flat leaf parsley
1 cup packed cilantro
1/3 cup olive oil
1/3 cup white wine vinegar
1 tsp. salt

Place the garlic, parsley and cilantro in the bowl of a food processor.  Pulse two times to chop and combine the items.  Sprinkle with the salt.  With the processor running on low drizzle in the oil and vinegar.  Process until it becomes a well combined sauce.

If you are going to use this as a marinade, keep in mind the tip I gave on Food Safety in my July 22, 2015 post.  If you are going to use it as marinade and sauce, keep what you want as sauce separate from the marinade part.  This sauce can be used in multiple ways.  Use it on pasta instead of pesto, on bruschetta, marinade different types of meat, sauce different types of meat.  Use it as a salad dressing.  Food is creative, so let your creativity and imagination free.  Enjoy your time in the kitchen!
 


No comments:

Post a Comment